Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Week

In exactly one week from now, I will be checking in at Disney and moving into my new apartment. The nerves are starting to kick in big time. I've begun the rigorous process of packing, and during this time it's finally started to hit me that this is it. I'm leaving home, and fulfilling one of my dreams. No matter what happens, I know that this experience will change me...hopefully for the better.

There are so many things I'm going to miss. My friends, my two dogs, my family, my amazing boyfriend...but I'm trying to think positive, and not let my over-analytical brain ruin things for me. I know that this new job will include long hours, long periods of standing in the hot sun, getting over my fears of doing presentations in front of an audience, and lengthy scripts for me to memorize. I know that my new apartment will include getting used to sharing a room, and working around other people's schedules. However, all of these new experiences also include being at the most magical place on earth, and a job that includes some of the best perks ever. And, if worse comes to worst, I can always drive three hours south to spend a weekend at home.

I'll try to update more once I'm actually in Orlando. Not sure if anybody is actually reading this, but I like keeping an account for myself, as a way to look back and laugh at these premature anxieties. Here goes nothing.

"Adventure is out there!"

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.