Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week One: Training

I know I still have to update on Traditions and DAKlimations, but I just wanted to document that week one of training is now complete! I have toured all of the Kids Discovery Clubs and Animal Positions, toured the backstage areas, learned where to pick up my bug boxes and what to do when an animal escapes. I have a ton of radio codes, animal facts, directions, and rotations to memorize. Oh yeah, and I also have to remember to feed and bathe myself occasionally too. I don't even think I remember what sleeping is.

Despite the hard work and stress, this is definitely the coolest job I have ever had. I get to learn all about Animal Kingdom and the amazing animals and insects that live there. Hopefully by the time this internship is over, I will have gotten to know these fantastic creatures on a more personal level and know this park inside and out. I really want to do well, and will try my best to succeed at this job. I'm a little at a disadvantage because of my lack of a zoological education, but I'm hoping that my enthusiasm with Guests makes up for that.

More updates to come!

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.