Thursday, September 22, 2011

30 Day Disney Challenge- Day 1

To add some meat to this blog, I thought I would start off by participating in the 30 Day Challenge that has taken Facebook and Tumblr by storm! And, speaking of tumblr, feel free to check mine out at http://treasures-untold.tumblr.com/ (end shameless plug).

So, here we go....

Favorite Disney Character

Captain Jack Sparrow




Though I love his character in all of the four movies, I have to say that my favorite Disney character of all time would have to be the Jack Sparrow in the first Pirates movie, Curse of the Black Pearl. I just loved how ambiguous he was- not entirely good, yet not entirely evil, not entirely crazy, yet not entirely sane either. He has all the traits of a villain, albeit a comic one (only out for himself, manipulating, thieving), yet he also has the traits of a hero, albeit a reluctant one (always ends up coming through in the end, saves the day in the most unexpected ways). 

He's definitely a one of a kind character who made Pirates of the Caribbean, if possible, an even more iconic figure to disney legend. This is largely in thanks to the brilliance of Johnny Depp, who I love dearly. He may be an untraditional persona, but he epitomizes the idea of Disney to me (even though, in future movies, his character became increasingly more silly and less, shall we say...dishonest). 

Honorable Mention: Tinkerbell (the sassiest fairy and bringer of pixie dust). 

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.