Sunday, September 25, 2011

Accepted!!

Friday, September 23rd at around 4:45 pm, I was accepted to Disney's Professional Internship program as a Conservation Education Presenter at Disney's Animal Kingdom!!!!

I was super excited and amazed to get my offer so fast! I had my panel phone interview on Wednesday the 21st, and then on Friday I got home from class to find an email, telling me that I had a form to fill out in order to complete the application process for my professional internship. The form was pretty basic, just basic screening questions about age and background checks. Then, about thirty minutes later, I got a call from Disney! The recruiter on the phone repeated the screening questions I had already answered online just to confirm, and then explained the real reason he was calling.....to offer me the position!!!! I accepted right away, and then he began explaining all the fun stuff- benefits of being a Disney cast member, housing (I'll be living in Cumberland Park Apartments), and pay rate. I'll be moving in on January 12th and staying till June 9th.

I'm so excited to start working in Animal Kingdom and teaching kids about conservation and ways that they can help the environment. To celebrate, me and my boyfriend went to go see Disney on Ice down in Miami at the American Airlines Arena. The show was called 100 Years of Magic, and it was amazing....the scenery, the costumes, the music, everything was so beautiful. I loved getting to see all the kids dressed up as their favorite Disney characters, and watching their eyes light up as Mickey Mouse skated in front of them. It was my first time seeing a Disney on Ice show, and it made me even more excited to start working at the happiest place on earth.

Some pictures of Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic:



The stage from our seats.


One of the better pictures I was able to snag.


Me and the boyfriend :)



Finale! 

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.