Thursday, September 22, 2011

Once a upon a time...

Despite the incredibly cliche start, I wish to introduce you to my blog! First, a little intro. Ahem:

My name is Arielle, I'm 22 years old, and I have just been accepted into the Walt Disney World college program for Spring 2012 as a Merchandise cast member! (cue applause). I told myself that I wouldn't start a blog until I was officially accepted, and now here we are! However, as of this moment, I have not yet actually accepted my offer, paid my fee, or chosen my arrival dates.

The reason for this is because I am also in the process of auditioning for two Professional Internships. One is the Conservation Education Presenter position at Disney's Animal Kingdom. In this role, I would be staffing the Kid's Discovery Clubs throughout Animal Kingdom and teaching guests about conservation. This also includes doing fun games and scavenger hunts with younger Disney guests, as well as performing scripted narrations about various wildlife. As an Anthropology major, learning about conservation and the environment is very important to me, and so getting this internship would be a dream come true. So far, I have turned in all my materials and completed a panel phone interview. Now all I have to do is wait.

The second Professional Internship I applied for is Veterinary Medical Records. This role involves updating and archiving medical records about the animals within Disney's Animal Kingdom. As of right now, I have not received any information for this role beyond submitting my application, cover letter, and transcripts, but I hope to hear something back soon.

And so there you have it! I've decided to keep a record of my experiences applying and participating in the Disney programs as a way to have something to remind me of this exciting time, as well as inform people who may be curious about applying for similar programs. I know that, for me, reading (or, ahem, stalking) previous blogs about the Disney college program have kept me sane while I was waiting for the perfect time to apply, so this is my way of giving back.

Hopefully within the next few days I'll have picked my arrival dates and paid my fee. I'm just waiting on confirmation to make sure that, if by some chance I do get accepted for a PI later on, I'll be able to transfer my fee over to that department. Any comments, questions, or insights by any future readers of this blog would be welcome! Thanks for reading my ramblings :)

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.