Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Day Disney Challenge- Day 30

Favorite Theme Park Attraction/ Ride

In honor of the last day of the challenge, I decided to include my favorite attraction from all four parks. Also, because it's impossible for me to pick just one.

Magic Kingdom

The Haunted Mansion



For the longest time, I was terrified of this ride. I couldn't even go near it, because the sound of the howling dog creeped me out. All I knew was that my dad loved it, and every time we went he would try to get me to go on it with him. However, he always ended up riding alone, and my mom was left to stay with me and my younger sister (I think this was before the days of the Baby Swap). Finally, one year I felt so guilty for letting him ride alone that I offered to go with him. And as soon as I got off the ride, I couldn't remember why I was so scared. It was amazing! The special effects were so incredible that I spent more time marveling at the beauty of the attraction than being scared. I spent the rest of the trip begging to ride it again, and now it's my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom. 

Honorable Mention: Mickey's Philharmagic (that blueberry pie smell, oh my lord. Heaven). 

Epcot

Soarin'



This is an amazing attraction, and just proves that for something to be entertaining, there doesn't have to be cheap thrills or huge drops. I love the smells of this ride (the oranges and the salty sea air), and my favorite part is the initial takeoff, when you lift off the ground for the first time. I always like that this is one of the only rides in Disney where something doesn't go "terribly wrong." It's a just a nice, family attraction and it's one that I could literally ride all day long.

Honorable Mention: Spaceship Earth (home of the most awesome animatronics in Disney).

Hollywood Studios

The Great Movie Ride



I haven't been to this park since I was fifteen, so there are a few rides I have never been on (Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, etc). However, I have always loved the Great Movie Ride. I love watching movies of all kinds, and I always like listening to the facts that the tour guides give. I love watching the movie montage at the end, and getting hijacked by gangsters and cowboys. The alien scene, on the other hand, will always scare me.

Honorable Mention: Backlot Tour (I love seeing behind the scenes at Disney and getting a glimpse of the costuming departments).

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safari



One of the coolest attractions ever. It is my secret wish to be a driver and work at this ride. I love learning about all the animals and seeing them roam about. This ride always inspires me to become a zoologist. 

Honorable Mention: Festival of the Lion King (the one show I associate with contentment and joy). 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like your choices! You have a good taste in rides Arielle!! Can't wait to do all of your favs with you when we get there in January!

Unknown said...

Aw thanks! We'll definitely my favorites and yours!

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.