Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update

New for future Disney PI's this year is a social networking site called Yammers. This site is exclusively for those who have been accepted into an Animal Programs and Environmental Sciences (previously Animal Programs) internship, and it gives us a chance to network and connect with some of our future coworkers.

I was so excited to get the invite to this site! Everyone I've met seem awesome so far, and it's making me even more excited to get to Orlando and meet them all in person. Everyone is so nice and friendly, and best news, they all seem obsessed with Disney like me! Now I don't feel so alone and weird. Next up will be receiving the link to an "Onboarding" website, where I'll get to pay the $100 housing deposit and receive information about check-in. At first I was a little nervous about Disney housing, but after talking to some of these girls I feel so much better- I know whoever I end up sharing an apartment with will be awesome!

In other news, I got my graduation tickets in the mail! I graduate with my BA in Anthropology on December 9th at 9 a.m. and I couldn't be more excited! I'm so ready to be done with school, and to have a semester off to work in Orlando before Grad School. November is here, time for Thanksgiving, my boyfriend's birthday, Christmas, Graduation....only good things ahead!

2 comments:

Jinx said...

Congratulations on this magical opportunity, Arielle! I'm certain this will be a bountiful learning experience for you and the rest of the 20 lucky future cast members that have been selected by Mickey himself to be Conservation Education Presenters at Animal Kingdom Park-my daughter, Heather Lichtlin, included. I wish you tons of fun and fulfillment during your stay at Disney. I'm sure to enjoy hearing about your Disney Endeavors as I follow them here on your blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Tina! I can't wait to meet your daughter and all the other interns, I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience! I definitely want to try and record everything I can about the experience on this blog. Thank you so much for your kind words.

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.