Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Birthdays

A quick recap of my Thanksgiving holiday, just because I'm in the mood for typing and don't feel like neglecting my blog this early into my Disney adventure!

Thanksgiving was nice, I love having time off from work and school. It was a lazy day full of cooking, watching the parade and the dog show, and reading. Smells of green bean casserole, turkey, yams, stuffing, and cranberries filled the house, and everything was lovely. That is, until my relatives came over.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I really do. But sometimes they tend to test my patience. Like my dear grandmother, who has gone slightly nutty ever since my grandfather passed away. She repeats questions like a broken record, and insults people in what she thinks is an undertone. She also forces me to wait on her hand and foot, and then chastises me for having my elbows on the table instead of saying thank you. I know a lot of the things she does isn't her fault, but sometimes her crabbiness and lack of regard for others really makes my blood boil.

And then there's my aunt, who takes over the television and switches it from football to....the Jewish channel. Needless to say, the males in my family were not pleased. She also is convinced that an iPhone is not a proper cell phone.

I guess everyone has things that they love and hate about their families, and it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a few minor annoyances. Luckily, the food was amazing, my dad did a brilliant job with the turkey, and my parents successfully managed to embarrass my boyfriend Eric by singing happy birthday to him at the end of the meal.

Speaking of Eric, his birthday was on Black Friday and he is now a very distinguished 23-year-old man. We celebrated very casually, by hanging out at his house all day in our pajamas. Me playing around on Tumblr reading Disney blogs and him playing online poker. We also watched Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one) and Monsters Inc. Thank you ABC Family, for providing an awesome setup to a lazy day. It also was a fantastic alternative to battling the scary crowds at our local BrandsMart and Macy's.

Now that those two major events are out of the way, Disney is looking more and more real. In just a little less than two months I will be moving in with my lovely new roomies and stuffing my brain with as many animal facts as I can remember. However, there are still some exciting times to be had at home before I leave. Tomorrow, in honor of my mom's birthday, we are going to see Beauty and the Beast at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. It's my first time seeing the show, and I'm very excited. Pictures and a follow-up post to come.

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone had an amazing Turkey Day :)

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.